Here is some information about some of our activities for children and their parents/carers:
Wheelies – Monday mornings, 9.30am in the parish centre (during school term-time).
Wheelies is a pram-walking group for parents and carers with their young children. It’s a great way of meeting other local families, as well as helping to shed a few pounds! We meet at 9.30am in the parish centre then go for a walk together before returning to the centre for a cuppa and a chat. There is a small charge to cover refreshments.
Little Jims – Friday mornings, 10.00am – 11.30am, St James Parish Centre (during school term-time)
Got that Friday Feeling?
It’s the end of the week, the kids are driving you mad….come and join us!
If you have a child/children between the ages of 0-4 years old or perhaps you are a mother-to-be or carer and want to meet other parents , carers and grandparents, we have the answer. Come along to St. James’ toddler group – Little Jim’s.
- Little Jim’s meets every Friday morning during school term, 10.00am – 11.45am.
- A small cost of just £1 per adult is made which covers coffee, juice, biscuits and art and craft materials.
- Children can play with our toys in a friendly and relaxed environment.
- Make new friends while watching your child play.
- Every week we set out a craft table to introduce painting, gluing, sticking and baking.
- Each session ends with a song time with popular nursery rhymes.
Come and see for yourself at St James’ Parish Centre, everyone is welcome!
Messy Church – Monthly, Sunday afternoons 4pm-6pm in the parish centre.
Messy Church happens most months at St James and is held in the Parish Centre on a Sunday afternoon, 4-6pm. It is for families with pre-school and primary school aged children and is a fun way of doing church with crafts, a song and story and ends with sharing a meal together. See our Messy Church Page on this website.